Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's Character Parade Day!

My middle son is in 1st grade and at his school, it's Character Parade Day-- which means the first graders get to dress up as a favorite character from a book and parade around the school. Of all the characters in beloved children's literature he could have chosen from, my kid chooses ... wait for it ... Darth frickin Vadar from one of his learning to read Star Wars books. I was like, "Give me a break. Don't you want to be the Cat in the Hat?" His answer was a look of abject horror.

Anyway, I'm about to dash out the door to go watch his march around the school grounds, but I thought I'd throw this out there-- what beloved character from a book would you dress up as if you had a choice?

For children's lit, I think definitely Anne of Green Gables-- who kicked serious butt, btw. From what I read today-- probably Lucinda, from Sunny's new series. She's such an awesome heroine. Otherwise, I'd say Eve Dallas, but then, I don't have the ass to fit in her jeans, so maybe not ...Happy almost Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. OH yayaya... Halloween is almost here... I can feel it!!!
    I think that is hilarious that your son went as Darth Vadar! Out of everything else right, lol! Well, if I could be anyone from a book... Humm.. You have me thinking here. Why, because I am thinking Alice in Wonderland. To live in the dream world like that... But I would make some serious changes, lol! First don't eat or drink anything that a stranger gives you! But to live in the world of the imagination... And beat the Queen at crochet(?). Will have to ponder more... but I like that one. Or wait... Cindy Lou from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas... Imagine that world!
    I hope your son has a wonderful day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cecile! Those are great ideas-- I love Alice in Wonderland. In fact, one of the teachers at the parade was dressed as the Queen of Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Northman...yummy...I mean...I think I'd be a good Eric Northman...sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, I would be Scarlett O'Hara, but in her BBQ outfit, not the drapes. I'm sure, knowing me, you would never have guessed this, Tracy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is easy, I'd want to be Hermione from the Harry Potter books. I'd have powers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, good costume ideas! I am impressed :)No shellee, never would have guessed the Scarlett thing ;) mary-- I love Hermoine. And who doesn't like Eric? Yummy is right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very yummy... you would get bite a lot as Eric!

    I got it... what about Pippie Longstocking... Remember her! Please tell me I am not the only one that remembers her! She had powers right... !!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, had totally forgotten about Pippi. Loved Pippi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember Pippie longstocking! Wow, though most kids wouldn't have a clue who you were dressed as if you wore that costume. lol But most of the adult women would.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The braids sticking up are a surefire giveaway ;)

    ReplyDelete