Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book Tuesday: Tempted


I know I've mentioned that I'm writing a YA-- Rip Tide-- and that I am currently obsessing about it as it is out on submission. But what I haven't told you is that while I was working on the partial, I read every YA I could get my hands on, trying to strike the right balance. I am an erotica author after all, and I wanted to see just what was acceptable in YA and what wasn't.

Anyway, as I gobbled up a ton of YAs, particularly paranormal YAs as that is what Rip Tide is, I fell for the P.C. and Kristen Cast House of Night Series. Originally, I picked up one just to get a feel for it. Two days later I was back at Target, buying the next four. Which leads me to the book of the week: Tempted. It is the much anticipated book 6 in the House of Night series-- which documents its main character (Zoey Redbird) being marked as a vampire and the adventures that happens to this priestess in training in her first years at the House of Night Academy. And I am dying to get my hands on it-- unfortunately I have to wait a whole week as it doesn't release until October 27th. But I can promise I'll be first in line for the book Tuesday morning (yes, I obsess about books, in case you haven't noticed ;)
In the meantime, here's the back cover blurb to tide you-- and me-- over :

So…you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul? Find out in the next spectacular installment in the House of Night series, TEMPTED.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh that sounds quite interesting. I haven't read alot of YA books, but it sounds like I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some fabulous YAs out there right now-- so many major fiction writers are trying their hand at the genre that incredible stuff is coming out. A debut author I fell in love with was Jay Asher, who wrote 13 Reasons Why. It may be the best book I've read all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 14 and 13 year old granddaughters that are readers. I am always searching for good books for them to read that are age appropriate. I will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any winner from lust in time blog aobut drinsks thanks

    ReplyDelete