Monday, November 23, 2009

Movie Monday: New Moon



Okay, I'm back and will try to keep up this week! After a miserable stay in the hospital and an even more miserable time tracking the Harlequin Hor debacle, I am ready to get myself back on track!

So, for today's Movie Monday, I'm going to talk about-- what else? New Moon. With the third largest grossing opening in history (came in behind Spiderman 3 and Batman's The Dark Knight) it is a smash success-- particularly considering it's the only one of the three that didn't hit in the middle of a blockbuster summer.

I dragged my dear husband to see it yesterday, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I was not a big fan of the Twilight movie-- I thought they skipped a lot of the poignant parts of the book, not to mention the whole make-up fiasco. But New Moon was pretty well done-- you can definitely see the money that was thrown at it after Twilight. And I thought the sexual tension between Bella and Jacob (Kristen and Taylor) was very powerful. Of course, I know that a whole lot of people came away from the theater thinking Bella chose the wrong guy and I can't really blame them-- even after having read all four books ;)

My favorite part of the whole movie was the scene when Bella cliff dives-- I think the director did a fabulous job and there's this one shot, as Jacob pulls her away and Edward dissolves, that was just beautiful, beautiful cinematography. I also liked the way they handled the few months where Bella pretty much ceases to exist-- before I went to see the movie, I'd wondered how they would handle it. Overall, I think it was worth the $8.50.

How about the rest of you? Did anybody rush out to see New Moon? Did you like it? Hate it? Have you read the books?

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Are you kidding me!!! I went see it last night and OMG... I FREAKING LOVED IT!!! I have read all the books and I will be going back to re read Eclipse again soon. I have a post about it today... lol!!! You will probably get a good laugh out of it! I know I did! Go Team Edward... and I am most definitely a Cougar!!!! M-E-O-W!!!! LMAO!
    For us last night, it was $9.00 and worth every freaking penny!!!
    I agree with every thing you said. My favorite part... humm... I will have to go see it again to answer this questions, you are twisting my arm, lmao!!! Seriously... my favorite part was: the whole movie. Am I allowed to say that?? LOL!
    Have a great day honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, saw it. Loved it. I liked Twilight and knew as soon as I heard about New Moon I wanted to see it. I had a feeling I would like it and I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy
    I have not read the books but I loved both movies. I love how they did that time passing for Bella too. I love how she would put herself out there to make Edward appear.
    The way it ended caused one big collective groan - in a good way.
    tennismom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! You know what surprised me, though? The number of young men in the theater-- with other guys or by themselves. With girlfriends, sure. But in line in front of me and behind me were guys going to see it by themselves. My son met friends at the dance, three of who had gone by themselves because they'd been too embarrassed to see if any of their friends wanted to go with them (7th graders ;)

    ReplyDelete