Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Really Good Drink (And It's Pretty too)

So, I'm in the middle of an obsession with any and everything Pomegranate (as is the heroine of the erotic romance I'm in the middle of writing) and I ran across this drink. I'm always in the middle of an obsession for champagne, so when I say this I had to try it. And after that, it was so good, I had to share the recipe with you guys. The best part-- it's incredibly simple.

Take one part good pomegranate syrup, 2 parts Cava-- or champagne.
Add a splash of pomegranate juice and a couple seeds (they look really pretty bouncing around in the bubbly champagne) and enjoy.

Seriously, yum!

So, anybody have any quick, fun drink recipes? I've got a couple big conferencescoming up and it's always fun to see if the bartender will whip us up a new drink ...

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really yummy! Pomegranate is suppose to be really good for you too!
    I don't really drink but one thing I do like to make is Prosecco with cranberry juice. It turns a very pretty shade of pink. I use more cranberry juice then Prosecco though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink drinks, Blanche! I'm a sucker for Cosmo's and cranberry and vodka's for that very reason-- and yes, I usually use more juice than liquor, too ;)

    Your drink sounds great-- I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is sort of a play on a mimosa, just a different fruit juice. Sounds delicious, will have to try it asap!

    ReplyDelete